It’s officially summer time here in Citrus County! With school being out for the summer, hotter temperatures and revised social distancing, it can be difficult to hang out with friends and find things to do!
At Aspire, we want your summer to be a positive time full of meaningful relationships and fun experiences. Here is a list of online platforms and entertainment sites we’ve compiled that we believe are positive, empowering and enjoyable!
Youth Online Platforms
- GovTeen -Forum for and by teens with mental health conditions.
- OK2Talk– Online blog for teens and youth to share feelings about mental health.
- Please Pass the Love – Slack Group – for Youth only!
- https://teenlineonline.org/ – or get the Teen Talk App – text TEEN to 839863
Youth Online Gaming and entertainment
- Gaming: Kongregate – Free online games ranging from casual if you just have a few minutes to longer-form games that you can come back to.
- Art: Google Doodles – We’ve all seen the Google Doodles that appear during special events or to honor specific people. This is the archive that you can get lost in.
- Music: Song Maker – A quick and fun way to let out some noise while on your computer. Song Maker lets you easily construct songs, play them back, and remix them.
- Health: Yoga with Adriene – Welcomes all levels, all bodies, all genders, all souls! Browse the library of free yoga videos to find a practice that suits your mood.
- Health: Fitness Blender– Free workout videos for every fitness level. This site has it all- HIIT, pilates, strength-training- you name it!
- Education/Inspiration: Ted Talks – The TED Talks channel features the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world’s leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes (or less).
- Entertainment: Open Culture – 1,000’s of movies for free,including classics, indies, film noir, documentaries and more.
- Art: Virtual Museum Tour – Take a virtual tour of some of the world’s greatest museums and heritage sites.
- Nature: Animal Cams – Check out these amazing feeds! From jellyfish to an African watering hole.
- Hogwarts Digital Escape Room
Let us know on our social media pages if you use any of these platforms during your summer break!